Wednesday 25 April 2012

The Battle is for the STRONG

The price Chelsea paid was just a red card
This is the first post on my new blog and I'm dedicating it to Chelsea Football Club of England. I don't support any football team at the moment, but when a team does well, nothing will stop me from giving them praise. Enjoy my terrible writing. Lol!!!

The moment Turkish referee Cuneyt Cakir showed Chelsea's skipper John Terry that red card, I said to myself "The fence of the Blues defence is off, its over..." I was so wrong!

Chelsea's qualification for this year's UEFA Champions League final, has once again shown the world that they are a fighting team that don't go down easily. After the sacking of Andre Villas Boas, they've been fighting hard to prove a point... One yet unknown.

Terry was given the marching order in the 37th minute for his violent off-the ball challenge on Alexis Sanchez and added more misery to his team's ambitions. Remember they had lost Gary Cahil due to an injury and moments later, in the 43rd minute to be precise, Andres Iniesta scored the second goal for Barcelona and the Catalans looked ready to be rampant.

I knew Chelsea could fight but I wasn't certain they had the strength to endure Barca's pressure. Sincerely, I was telling a friend on twitter that Chelsea should just "try" to leave it at 2-0. Just when I was about to send that tweet, Ramires scored that stunner. I've watched that goal more than times on youtube today... Its a beauty! That goal was a confidence booster and Chelsea became STRONG.

I've heard people say Chelsea was lucky, others say Barca wasn't good on the night,  some say they parked the bus and blah blah blah blah. Truly they make me wonder if the Blues travelled all the way to Spain to burn the advantage they had at Stamford Bridge. Do you know they played with TEN men? Are you aware Ivanovic and Bosingwa was the centre backs they never bargained for and sadly Barcelona couldn't break them... They were STRONG!

Who wasn't on point for Chelsea in that well-deserved victory (for me it wasn't draw). Cech was outstanding, Ramires was phenomenal, Drogba was a soldier who was everywhere fighting to keep the blue pride, Mikel was resilient, Cole couldn't take chances; he was error free, Ivanovic was firm and always on time... Every Chelsea player was STRONG for 90 minutes.

For me, Chelsea's resurgence started on March 14th after that sensational 4-1 win over Napoli in the round of sixteen. Who didn't say it was all over for them after going down 3-1 in the first leg at the San Paolo stadium. Today, they are in the finals of the Champions league... Aren't they STRONG?

The reformation under interim Coach Roberto Di-matteo continues, and so far, its been a job well done by the former Chelsea player. The Blues have qualified for the finals of the FA Cup and Champions League and they're still fighting to finish fourth in the English Premier League. Trust me, they won't stop fighting and that because they are STRONG. You doubt me? Then for a minute try to understand how Fernando Torres placed himself in that goal-scoring position when he was supposed to be defending. Remember the clock was ticking for both sides, and what a time to score that winner. Chelsea was destined to win!

For the final game in Munich, they will be without Captain John Terry, Raul Meireles, Branislav Ivanovic and the impressive Ramires. Four important players will be missing for Chelsea and one might be quick to write them off in the final game but hey, I'll advise you to just wait till May 19th and speak only after 90 minutes and "added time" has been played.

I do not know the team that will win this year's Uefa Champions League, but on that final day, I know Chelsea will come out STRONGER. Period!

Africans played a big role in Chelsea's win




No comments:

Post a Comment